- 15 years ago I remember dialing into Prodigy and thinking... here we go.
- 10 years ago I recall sitting at my cousin's desk as he created his first online store thinking... here we go.
- 5 years ago I remember my parent's amazement at the growth of Tivo (after I had already demonstrated the concept of time-shifting digital recorded live tv on my old computer years earlier).
- 12 months ago, our industry was fretting over the potential future of 3D worlds, mass media was predicting the end of real world interactivity, and conservative groups were fretting over adult content in video games.
- And in 12 months from now, we will still be waiting for mass deployment of IPTV. We will still be wondering, we will still be wowed, we will still be open mouthed - both as end users and as marketers.
The world is changing. And it's going to keep on changing.
Those who can strategically embrace and encourage change, those who are forward looking, those who are ready to trailblaze... will laugh at where we are today... in 5 years time.
The world is perpetually changing. And there's nothing you can do to stop it. The only question you can ask yourself is - are you ready for tomorrow? Are you ready for change? Are you ready to take a short-term loss and gain a lesson learned? Are you encouraging creativity?