It's inevitable in any organization of scale. An employee goes rogue, posting their thoughts and opinions about their employer and their customers/clients in public (with a fairly derogatory twist), in clear violation of the corporate policy. What is the appropriate action?
- Should employees get one warning before punitive measures are taken?
- Should there be a three strikes policy?
- Should they be terminated on the spot?
- Is it fair of a brand to ask Twitter to provide the registration info behind an offending account?
- Is it fair of Twitter to share this information?
Bear in mind, the cost to identify and track down each offense is significant, as smart offenders know how to hide their identity.
What would you do?