asking for IT vs. earning IT
August 27, 2008
- Is it ok for a company to ask/suggest that their employees embed a video, share a clip/widget/app, or digg a piece of "viral" content?
- Must the employee disclose that they were prompted to share? Must their friends or family do so? How do you disclose a digg? A tweet?
- Is it ok for an ePR/Social Media "Guru" to use his or her network to promote their clients?
- It is ok for clients to ask for/expect this?
- Is it ok for a company to "follow" many people on Twitter without joining the conversation?
- Is it ok for a Social Media Advocate to "become" your "friend" if they don't really care about friendship?
- Is it ok to ask someone to recommend you on LinkedIn based on your blogging alone - without any insight into your productivity?
There is something fundamentally different between asking for it, and earning it.
If you can't earn it on your own, when is it ok to ask?
How should one go about asking for it?
photo credit here