- If you build it, they may or may not come.
- If you market, they may or may not learn.
Seth Godin did something similar when he gave away 5 copies of his book The Dip to all those attending his promotional speaking tour.
This trend if both powerful and remarkable, but how does it speaking to marketing as a discipline?
- Is this distributed equity the new social marketing dynamic?
- Is this a sustainable strategy?
- Is this a key strategic consideration in all future social media marketing planning?
- Does it work?