Hulu's been out for a while. And while I was at first skeptical, I now regularly enjoy their offering.
But what's next for Hulu?
- Will their growth be in a broader library or in added functionality?
- Will new platforms like Tivo or downloadable content drive increased value?
They've got us watching. They occasionally have us interacting. But is this really all they could, or should be doing to grow their business?
- Isn't there a massive ad opportunity in a Hulu desktop utility with a program guide?
- Wouldn't a distribution partnership with Microsoft delivering free ad supported downloads drive real equity for a next gen Zune?
- Wouldn't a section containing all of their advertiser spots, fully embeddable, drive added value to advertisers? Allowing them to utilize Hulu to launch "viral" video campaigns?
Sure, you need to the content to drive the eyeballs. But please Hulu, don't forget about breaking the technology mold. You did it once. The market will demand that you do it again. Or someone else will.